InternationalAlfonso García··4 min read

Inter Milan on trial for signing Casemiro

Inter Milan on trial for signing Casemiro

Major League Soccer (MLS) has reportedly accused Inter Miami of signing Casemiro. The event also involved discussions that a deal had been struck with the Los Angeles Galaxy to forfeit the testing rights.

InterMiami under investigation for signing Casemiro

According to Bbc.

Background

Casemiro's transition from Manchester United to Inter Miami marks a significant shift in his career, moving from a top European league to MLS football. His experience and skill set are expected to enhance Miami's midfield, especially in a league that is increasingly focusing on player development and attracting international stars. The outcome of the tampering investigation will be pivotal in shaping the narrative around this high-profile transfer.

Why this matters

The investigation into Inter Miami's signing of Casemiro highlights the complexities of the MLS transfer market, particularly regarding discovery rights. Such regulations are crucial for maintaining fair competition among clubs, and any violations could lead to significant repercussions for Miami. As a high-profile midfield signing, Casemiro's move also raises questions about player development strategies within MLS, especially for clubs looking to attract established talent.

Key Points

  • InterMiami under investigation for signing Casemiro.
  • Major League Soccer (MLS) says Inter Miami has been accused of signing Casemiro.
  • Inter Miami under investigation after signing Casemiro.

Major League Soccer (MLS) is investigating allegations of Inter Miami signing Casemiro. Casemiro, 34, announced on Wednesday that he had left Manchester United to join Inter Miami. He is signed through the end of the 2027 MLS season, with an option to extend into 2029.

But after the announcement, MLS released a statement. "We are conducting an investigation into an allegation against the team," it said, adding that "we are gathering key information and will not comment further once the investigation is complete."

"Intermiami CF and LA Galatasaray have said a deal has been arranged for the trial rights to sign Casemiro, but details will be released depending on how the investigation pans out," the statement added.

Casemiro's trial rights are being investigated. A team in MLS is said to have a priority to add a soccer player. A team can have up to five players on the trial list at a time and can add or remove it.

Casemiro's trial rights were held by LA Calacasi, but in the announcement of Casemiro's signing, Inter Miami said they acquired those rights from Calacasi.

Casemiro announced last January that he would be leaving the Oltrup at the end of the 2026-27 season after deciding not to renew his contract. He has won five Champions League trophies with Real Madrid and has moved to United in 2022, winning the trophy.

Image

"It motivates me a lot, and it's true for every player, to always keep moving forward with success," he said.

Casemiro played 160 times for Manchester United, scoring 26 goals and providing 14 assists, and won one EFL Cup and one FA Cup.

After Casemiro's departure, United have bought some key players in the market, now prioritizing the sale of central positions.

Ahead of the trial, Inter Miami co-owner Sir David Beckham said of Casemiro: "He has achieved a lot in the game and has shown commitment with Real Madrid and Manchester United. I am delighted he has taken Miami as his next home".

At Inter Miami, Casemiro has been joined by former Real and Manchester United team-mates Sergio Reguilon, Argentina's World Cup finalists Lionel Messi and Rodrigo De Bo.

It's not the first time for the InterMiami team; In 2021, they were fined $2 million because they allegedly violated the rules of signing the Plasmidi midfielder to Juventus.

The team in the United States was said to have been limited to 4 players last season, not allowing as many as three "designated players". This is known as the 'Peckham Rule' and was introduced in 2007 when former Manchester United captain David Beckham joined LA Galaxies.

Image

What happens next

As the MLS investigation unfolds, the league will determine whether Inter Miami violated any regulations in acquiring Casemiro's discovery rights from LA Galaxy. The outcome could influence future transfer dealings and the approach clubs take during the summer transfer window. Fans and analysts alike will be closely monitoring the situation, as it may set a precedent for how similar cases are handled in the future.

Frequently Asked Questions

Where did Casemiro sign?

Casemiro signed the Intermiami.

Which team did Casemiro come from?

Casemiro came from Manchester United.

When was this agreement officially announced?

The deal was officially announced on Wednesday.

Who owned Casemiro's trial rights?

Casemiro's trial rights were held by LA Calagasi.

When will Casemiro join Inter Miami?

Casemiro is signed until the end of the 2027 MLS season.

Related News

Related Articles